Convenient. Affordable. Impactful. We offer a variety of online professional development programs for teachers to share, explore and enhance their pedagogical practice. The range of programming includes free webinars to robust six-week courses – all meant to meet the individual needs and interests of teachers.
THREE WEEK BLOCKS
The available Continuing Education Unit credits for these courses is 1.5.
- Tech Tools for Teaching (October 1 – October 19)
- Colleagues in Contact*: Lines, Triangles, & BEDMAS, Oh My! Strategies for Taking the Stress Out of Math (October 1 – October 19)
- Colleagues in Contact*: Developing Social Presence: Small Group & Circles in the Classroom (November 12 – December 7 [Thanksgiving week omitted])
*The Colleagues in Contact series brings together teachers from across the network of schools to share ideas, resources, curriculum and pedagogy. Register for one – or take the full series.
FOUR WEEK BLOCKS
The available Continuing Education Unit credits for these courses is 2.0.
- The Flipped Classroom (September 24 – October 19)
- Beyond the Canon: Diversity in Literature and Interdisciplinary Curriculum (September 24 – October 19)
SIX WEEK BLOCKS
The available Continuing Education Unit credits for these courses is 3.0
Week-end Intensives allow teachers to complete the equivalent of a three-week course over one, fast-paced long weekend, making it possible to earn 1.5 Continuing Education Credits in 3 1/2 days.
- Classroom Partnering to Build a Culture of Encounter: A hybrid model of inter-school collaboration – November 21st, at 3:00pmET/2:00pmCT/12:00pmPT (RECORDING)
- Innovative Tech Use Policies – November 15th at 3:30pmET/2:30pmCT/12:30PT
Presenters Jim Schurrer and Jen Ziebol from St. Xavier High School, Cincinnati, Ohio (RECORDING)
- Panel Discussion: Cultural Competency & Diversity & Inclusion in Our Jesuit Schools – October 19th at 1pmET/12pmCT/10amPT (RECORDING)
- Highlights from JVLA’s Summer Teaching Institute – September 28th at 2pmET/1pmCT/11amPST (RECORDING)
- Beyond 1 to 1: Discernment for the Digital Age – February 2017 (PART 1: RECORDING, PART 2: RECORDING)
- Thematic Learning: How to Conquer the New AP Social Studies Framework – Oct 2016 (RECORDING)
- Weight, What Happened?: How to Create A More Effective Rubric – Oct 2016 (RECORDING)