Convenient. Affordable. Impactful. We offer a variety of online professional development programs for teachers to share, explore and enhance their pedagogical practice. The range of programming includes free webinars to robust six-week courses – all meant to meet the individual needs and interests of teachers.
WEBINAR SERIES (Free)
A HOLISTIC APPROACH TO SCHOOL SAFETY (Three-Part Series)
CRISIS MANAGEMENT PLANS: WHAT DO WE DO, AND WHEN?
Tuesday, January 29 – 4:00 p.m. EST /3:00 p.m. CST/1:00 p.m. PST
Featuring Safety Expert Panelists:
Steve Morrill, Director Technology & Cyber Science, Loyola Blakefield and Brian Wolf, President, Wolf Safety
STUDENTS IN CRISIS: CARE AND CAUTION
Tuesday, February 26 – 4:00 p.m. EST /3:00 p.m. CST/1:00 p.m. PST
ACADEMIC FREEDOM: SAFETY WITHOUT SACRIFICE
Tuesday, March 26 – 4:00 p.m. EST /3:00 p.m. CST/1:00 p.m. PST
THREE WEEK BLOCKS
The available Continuing Education Unit credits for these courses is 1.5.
- Colleagues in Contact*: Taking the Stress Out of Math (February 18 – March 8)
- Colleagues in Contact*: Fostering Emotional Engagement: Small Group & Circles in the Classroom (March 11 – March 29)
- Tech Tools for Teaching (April 22 – May 10)
- Colleagues in Contact*: Baptizing the Curriculum (April 29 – May 17)
*The Colleagues in Contact series brings together teachers from across the network of schools to share ideas, resources, curriculum and pedagogy. Register for one – or take the full series.
FOUR WEEK BLOCKS
The available Continuing Education Unit credits for these courses is 2.0.
- Blended Learning Strategies (February 4 – March 1)
- Creating Rubrics (February 4 – March 1)
- Differentiation (March 11 – April 5)
- Objectives & Assessment (April 22 – May 17)
- Flipped Classroom (April 22 – May 17)
SIX WEEK BLOCKS
The available Continuing Education Unit credits for these courses is 3.0
- Setting and Meeting Teaching Goals (March 4 – April 12)
- Creativity in the Classroom (March 4 – April 12)
- One-to-One Teaching (March 4 – April 12)
- Classroom Partnering to Build a Culture of Encounter: A hybrid model of inter-school collaboration – November 21st, at 3:00pmET/2:00pmCT/12:00pmPT (RECORDING)
- Innovative Tech Use Policies – November 15th at 3:30pmET/2:30pmCT/12:30PT
Presenters Jim Schurrer and Jen Ziebol from St. Xavier High School, Cincinnati, Ohio (RECORDING)
- Panel Discussion: Cultural Competency & Diversity & Inclusion in Our Jesuit Schools – October 19th at 1pmET/12pmCT/10amPT (RECORDING)
- Highlights from JVLA’s Summer Teaching Institute – September 28th at 2pmET/1pmCT/11amPST (RECORDING)
- Beyond 1 to 1: Discernment for the Digital Age – February 2017 (PART 1: RECORDING, PART 2: RECORDING)
- Thematic Learning: How to Conquer the New AP Social Studies Framework – Oct 2016 (RECORDING)
- Weight, What Happened?: How to Create A More Effective Rubric – Oct 2016 (RECORDING)